ReBUILD Australia is an advocacy campaign working group made up of peak building and construction industry bodies including MP&DA and together we want to make sure builders, contractors, subcontractors and small businesses get paid for the work they do.
ReBUILD Australia needs your support for our campaign to convince Federal and State governments to protect your pay.
We want government safeguards to protect your payments for work you have done. We want people to be paid quickly and to be protected from business collapse. To do this we need you to sign up to our campaign. www.rebuildaust.com.au/signup
More than 90 per cent of the construction sector is small businesses and subcontractors perform more than 90 per cent of the work. Subbies and tradies spend money upfront on materials and staff and collect their pay later.
If the pay promised is late or doesn’t arrive, these businesses experience financial stress.
We believe the industry deserves better. We believe pay should be protected and that the government can and should act.
Master Painters & Decorators WA is a member of ReBUILD Australia and we are calling on Federal and State governments to:
- Safeguard HomeBuilder and Building Bonus payments
- Support a bid by ReBUILD Australia member ProjectPay for access to the SME Loan Guarantee to allow ProjectPay to disrupt the cycle of non-payment by offering immediate payment of your invoices.
- Support industry reform and protect funds via cascading statutory trusts recommended by John Murray
- Ensure tradies and subbies are paid on time
- Offer a quick, cheap and effective system for resolving disputes