Master Painters & Decorators Australia is an independent not for proﬁt organisation founded in 1911.
Membership is available to people who are registered painting contractors with registered practitioner supervisors in Western Australia. They are all business owners and most employ other qualiﬁed trades people and/or apprentices.
How we assist and protect consumers
Our online directory makes it easy to ﬁnd a registered painter & decorator. Listing on our directory is only available to members.
Our Code of Conduct requires members to adhere to high standards in every aspect of their business practice. Our Management Committee investigates all reports of any behaviour that breaches the “Code” and has the power to cancel memberships.
Our members perform quality work that complies with relevant standards, laws and regulations, unlike unqualiﬁed painters whose work is may be substandard and often illegal.
Members are fully insured providing protection in contrast to unregistered painters who are often uninsured.
We offer an inspection and mediation service to the general public.
How we support our members
- We help members stay up-to-date with changes to legislation, new technologies and products, and other relevant information. This helps them provide consumers with a more professional and knowledgeable level of service.
- We provide members with assistance in business areas such as marketing and business planning.
- We offer members technical support and an inspection and mediation
- We help members ﬁnd suitable apprentices and qualiﬁed tradespeople to employ.
- Our “Find A Painter” online directory advertises and promotes members, providing a referral service for new work opportunities.
- Members can use our logo, which consumers recognise as a symbol of credibility and trustworthiness.
- We advocate on behalf of the industry to government policy makers and other stakeholders.
For more information about the beneﬁts and services available to members click here.