Skip to content

Career pathways to the trade

There are a number of career pathways to enter the painting and decorating industry:


MPA Skills provides all of the above options and TAFE also offers a Certificate III in Painting & Decorating.

Qualified Painters and Decorators

If you are a qualified painter and decorator entering the Western Australian industry, you must apply for registration through the Building and Energy.

Visa Information for Working in Australia

Anyone wishing to visit or to work in Australia requires a valid visa. The process of obtaining a suitable visa can be complicated and sometimes stressful. The Australian government's Department of Immigration and Citizenship [DIAC] have produced a useful information packed website to help you.

Additional Resources