There are four categories to choose from:
Paint Effects - is classed as the application of any type of painted decorative finish, including faux finishes (marbling, flouncing,graining gilding and Trompe L'oeil). This category also includes the application of metallic and brushed effects.
Graphic Design - is classed as the application of images, patterns, layouts, and other graphic devices composed into a coherent, distinctive design.
Wallcoverings - is the hanging of wallcoverings and murals to any building type, including residential and commercial.
Entrants must demonstrate a high level of artistic design, skill and technical capability.
Judges will note:
- Degree of difficulty in application
- Degree of difficulty in application based on design (Wallcoverings category only)
- Accessing hard to get to areas
- Difficulty in materials ie: silk (Wallcoverings category only)
Consideration will be given to:
- Time constraints
- Clients requirements
- Overall aesthetic of the project
Scores based upon the following:
- Surface Preparation to be applicable to desired finish
- Professional artistic skill and application (Paint Effects, Faux & Graphic Design only)
- Visual appeal (Paint Effects, Faux & Graphic Design only)
- Set out and pattern matching (Wallcoverings only)
- Seams and cutting (Wallcoverings only)
- Degree of difficulty