ABOUT THE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE COMPETITION
The awards program provides all registered painters and decorators in Western Australia with the opportunity to showcase their skill and receive the rewards and recognition they deserve.
Success in the form of a winning entry in this competition means recognition of the quality tradesmanship, exceptional business practice and increased profile within the industry, creating valuable promotional opportunities.
ENTRIES CLOSE COB 5pm on 6 September 2019.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY FEES?
• Members $75.00 [inc GST] per entry
• Non-Members $150.00 [inc GST] per entry
PLEASE NOTE: Additional entries fees may apply for regional entries.
2019 ENTRY DETAILS
ENTRANT + PROJECT ELIGIBILITY
• Entrants must be registered with Building and Energy [formerly known as Building Commission].
• Entries must have reached practical completion between 1 September 2018 and 23 August 2019.
• All projects previously entered are ineligible to be re-entered.
• Entries from all over Western Australia will be accepted, however all travel costs will be incurred by entrant for entries that require more than five hours travel time by vehicle from Perth CBD.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
• Entries withdrawn after the closing date are not entitled to a refund.
• All applicable sections of the entry form must be completed.
• A separate entry form must be completed for each individual project entered.
• The same project may be entered into different categories if appropriate, with a fee payable for each category.
• If the project is entered into a category for which it does not qualify, the MP&DA Judging Committee reserves the right to move the project to an appropriate category.
• If the calibre of work in any one category does not meet a minimum standard of excellence, then the judges reserve the right to decline to present an award in that particular category.
• The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judging will take place between 2 September 2019 and 4 October 2019. No late judging will be accommodated.
Once judging has been completed and award winners announced at the Gala dinner, entrants are able to obtain feedback from the judges regarding their entries.
PUBLICITY & WARRANTIES
• warrants that the details of its entry are correct in every aspect;
• warrants that the entry has the client’s consent;
• grants to the MP&DA an irrevocable license to use the subject matter of the entry and material included with or as a part of the entry for any purpose in connection with the promotion of the MP&DA and the Awards for Excellence; and
• agrees to state the category received and the year awarded whenever disclosing information or promoting itself of the entry in any communication media, as a finalist or a winner of the Awards for Excellence.
The MP&DA and its associated media will only publish the entrant, the category price range and the suburb. No street addresses or owners names will be used.
CLIENT | ENTRANT NOTIFICATION
• Please advise and liaise with your client to ensure the smooth judging of your entry.
• Entrants must gain the consent of the owner / occupant for the project being entered into the competition prior to submitting the entry.
• All clients | entrants will be advised of the judging date and time by the MP&DA.
• The entrant agrees that any media comment in any communications, media and photographic display of any entries will be at the discretion of the MP&DA and the associated media.
• The MP&DA and its associated media accept no responsibility for any incorrect details, spelling or other incorrect information stated in the entry form.
• The MP&DA cannot guarantee the return of photographs or any other material supplied.
• The MP&DA does not guarantee that all entrants will be featured in publications related to the awards program.